We get that renovating is not only time consuming, but also very expensive. Find out how you can save yourself a few bucks with these handy tips!
1)Upgrade kitchen & bathroom fittings as opposed to moving them or altering the pipes
However, if you’re installing a kitchen or bathroom in an entirely new location, it might be possible to use existing plumbing close by. For example, if your new bathroom shares a wall with an existing kitchen, you may be able to use existing water feeds without running new plumbing.
2) Being smart about where you splurge…
Save high-end finishes for high-traffic areas of the home, like the entry, kitchen & dining room. These are the areas where homeowners & guests spend the most time, which means details are more likely to be noticed & enjoyed!
3) Communication With Your Contractor(s) Really is Key!
Many contractors specialise in just one area for example joinery, painting & plumbing. Having regular conversations with tradespeople can avoid confusion & give you the best overall outcome for your project.
4) Renovation Timelines are Underrated
Using a timeline during a home reno is great for giving you an overview of what work is going to happen when & which contractor is going to be involved in the work. This is critical for a job like a bathroom or kitchen renovation, where multiple trades are involved, as any delays will eat into your budget!
5) Don’t Replace Everything! Undergoing a renovation doesn’t necessarily mean you need to replace all your furnishings. Give careful consideration to the pieces that you want to keep & those that you want to let go of. Keep in mind that alot of items can be restyled or repainted to fit in with the new look to your home, not to mention it also cuts the cost of renovating!
6) Do it Yourself, Unless You Can’t! Whether you’re really into your DIYing or just handy with a paint brush, you can probably pick up a few of the tasks on the construction to do list. By doing some of the work yourself, you’re saving on labor costs and in turn, saving on your overall renovation. The trick is to be realistic about what you can do!
Speaking of money-saving, check outhttps://www.bookabin.com.au/ for a our on-line, state-of-the-art booking system, providing you with real value for money by offering the lowest available price for the skip bin you need!